BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Im Lost Without You

Im sorry, I didnt mean what I said... Lets just go back to the way it was, before all the fighting.

Forget the obscurities of blogging and whatnot, lets talk for a while... get re aquainted. I (as the title suggests) have been lost without you guys.

My Topic today is the death of the fighting game. So I'm going to jump straight into it without wasting time on huge introductions....

(told you)
Recently I have been having a jolly good time playing games such as Dead or Alive 4 and Tekken 6. You know, your good old fashioned one on one fighters. Where real skill is tested with the rememberence of long arduous combos and counters. However, these games seem to be of a dying breed, with Street Fighter 4 labled as being the last of the series and the console release of Tekken 6 going completely un-noticed.

As far as I can see this is for one of two reasons:
One, the dying out of the timezone, galaxy world style arcades. And I dont care how often you and your friends use the photo booth, they are dying. And this directly effects fighters because, lets face it. Fighting games are made for arcades. Its just such a good system. Where the winner continues to fight and the loser keeps having to pay.
However in the wierd wacky world of consoles there is no way to make this happen. (like the alliteration? Its my favorite type of 'ation')

The other reason... I have forgotten, this is probably because I started this post a week ago and just revisited it. But thats beside the point.
The matter at hand is that these glorious games of gods (more alliteration, eh?) are going no where. Which is a huge tradgedy!
Is it because all gamers want these days are FPS' or MMO's? because thats all Im seeing.

I dont know about you guysm but the death of the ficghting game is not something I want, sure, they're not the greatest games in the world, buth there is a place for them in MY heart, so when Tekken & is NOT announced, a part of me will die...

Im back now, lets have some fun

0 comments: